The Transforming Neighborhoods Initiative (TNI) Fund for Community Innovation was established in 2014 by The Office of the Prince George's County Executive and Prince George’s County Public Schools to support community-based organizations providing quality free and/or affordable out-of-school time programming for youth, ages 0-18, and families living in the Prince George’s County’s TNI communities. A total of $125,000 in grants were awarded to:
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater Washington to provide 300 at-risk middle school youth with high quality out-of-school learning to enhance literacy and problem-solving skills, and the beginnings of preparation for a successful adulthood.
- CM Educational Program Services Inc to help at-risk youth and underprivileged families overcome recurring issues by providing Academic Financial Literacy Skills (AFLS) to the Suitland community.
- Leep To College Foundation to expand its capacity to provide developmental and supportive services which contribute to increased high school graduation rates and subsequent college attendance to additional high schools in the TNI communities, including Northwestern, Oxon Hill and Suitland High Schools.
- Scholastic Olympics, Inc. to expand visits from 3 to 10 Prince George's County high schools to offer academic workshops, afterschool study sessions and other activities that not only introduce students to Scholastic Olympics but prepare them for classroom rigor and the academic challenges of the competitions.
- Strive To Tri, Inc to empower the youth of Prince George’s County, ages 7 to 17, to adopt a healthy lifestyle through regular physical activity, participation in sports, and promoting positive eating habits.
- Take Charge Juvenile Diversion Program, Inc. to support Just For Her girls programs and Leadership Development and Life Skills boys programs at Andrew Jackson, Crossland High School and Suitland High schools to help reduce juvenile delinquency and recidivism and increase academic performance and graduation rates.
- Vine Corps, Inc. to provide students in Bladensburg/Riverdale, Woodlawn/Lanham, and Kentland/Palmer Park with weekly study halls to include tutoring, mentoring, and college and career preparation; open gym sessions; and leadership development experiences such as community service and outdoor activities.
- Southern Prince Georges County Community Charities Inc for the ASCEND to provide academic enrichment and life skills training to support students on their journey to college or vocational employment and their transition into adulthood.