Sharing Prince George's
Deadline: Monday, August 28, 2017 by 4:00pm. Submit all applications via our online application system (additional details can be found in the FY18 LOI Guidelines).
About: Sharing Prince George’s County is a strategic funding effort representing a collection of philanthropic resources, managed by The Community Foundation in Prince George’s County. It supports quality nonprofit organizations addressing the economic security needs of Prince George’s County residents through education, workforce development and safety-net services. The Sharing Prince George’s Neighbor to Neighbor Fund and the MGM National Harbor Fund aim to increase economic security for residents of Prince George’s County by providing support for:
- safety-net programs which help individuals in crisis to lift themselves out of poverty,
- educational activities that prepare young people for a successful transition to adulthood, and
- workforce development opportunities that will help residents earn a living-wage.
Qualified programs: The Sharing Prince George's Fund only makes grants to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations with programs or services conducted in Prince George’s County, Maryland, that meet one of the following program objectives:
- Safety-net. To meet the basic needs of children and families in the County by strengthening the delivery of essential services (e.g. food, housing, emergency services).
- Education. To support young people from Pre-K through post-secondary education to develop strong literacy and problem solving skills; and, to prepare young people for a successful transition to adulthood by providing academic and supportive services that increase the number of County youth who graduate from high school ready for post-secondary opportunities.
- Workforce Development. To improve workers’ career prospects and earnings by increasing the number of County residents who acquire a post-secondary credential.
How To Apply: Qualified applicants are invited to submit an application package at https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_5491?SA=SNA&FID=35054 no later than 4 pm Monday, August 28, 2017.
Technical Assistance: A pre-proposal webinar information session will be held to review the RFP Guidelines and online application system on August 9, 2017 at 1pm. Pre-registration is required. To register for the meeting, please contact Melen Hagos, Community Investment Associate, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.