On December 7, you can get a rare glimpse into how our neighbors across the region are faring by hearing their stories, concerns for their communities, and hopes for the future. Join us for the release of a new report from Voices of the Community: DC, Maryland, Northern Virginia (VoicesDMV). The event will feature a presentation of the key findings, followed by a panel discussion featuring representatives from local government.
- Bruce McNamer, President and CEO of the Greater Washington Community Foundation
- Sarah Rosen Wartell, President of the Urban Institute
- Eta Davis, Economic Initiatives Coordinator for the Office of the Fairfax County Executive
- Candace Hollingsworth, Mayor of the City of Hyattsville
- Dr. Rashawn Ray, Associate Professor of Sociology at the University of Maryland, College Park
- Courtney Snowden, Deputy Mayor for Greater Economic Opportunity in Washington, DC
- Kate Stewart, Mayor of the City of Takoma Park and Treasurer of the Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments (MWCOG) Legislative Committe
The Greater Washington Community Foundation, in partnership with Urban Institute, launched VoicesDMV to hear directly from residents about the challenges and opportunities facing our region. We held a series of community conversations, focus groups, and an online survey, ultimately reaching nearly 3,500 people from across DC, Prince George’s and Montgomery counties in Maryland, and Northern Virginia. We asked about well-being and quality of life, personal and family security, attitudes about and priorities for local government, and community inclusiveness and cohesion. The resulting report provides a roadmap to inform and inspire community organizations, funders, businesses, government, and others who are working to make a positive difference in our region.
Immediately following the event, you are also invited to attend a networking reception. We hope you will be able to join us!
Please RSVP using the form below or contact Melen Hagos (202-955-5890 or email@example.com) with any questions.